One thing I order whenever I go to a Dhaba is a plate full of crispy chana koliwada. Chana koliwada is a crispy fried chickpea item that goes well as a nibble while having drinks.
Watch the video to see the recipe of Chana Koliwada and other Dhaba style dishes here.
- 1 big cup overnight soaked Kabuli Chana
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Pinch of Hing (asafetida)
- 1/2 cup homemade curd
- 1/4 tsp food colour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 4-5 Green Chillies
- 4-4 garlic cloves
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil Chole or Kabuli Chana
- In a big bowl, take gram flour. Add corn flour, hing, curd, food color, red chilli powder, chaat masala, salt and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add water and keep mixing. Add more water to get a smooth paste.
- Add chana or chole and mix well. Make sure all the chanas are nicely coated
- Heat the oil. Deep fry some chillies and garlic
- Once the oil is very hot, deep fry the chole till crispy
- Serve with schezwan chutney